Thursday, February 10, 2011

QUINNS LANE

Theses images are based on digital photographs I took of the house my grandfather built and the house that hold the majority of my childhood memories. I never meet my grandfather as he had already passed away by the time I was born. 

This was my grandmothers home. 

A place where everyone was welcome and where every grandchild was made to feel special and was allowed to be an individual and encouraged to share ideas without fear of judgement and ridicule. 

A place where I can't recall ever hearing a harsh or angry word spoken. 

A house where we learnt that everyone was equal and should be treated with respect.

It's the place where children were involved in adult conversations about the state of the world. 

Where I developed my love for travel, education, the environment and art.

No comments:

Post a Comment